Monday, December 17, 2012

Not Wanting To Continue


As the year on my contract quickly approached I was faced with making a decision. Should I continue in this industry or should I try something new? I was starting to feel unhappy in my position. I know that we all have to start somewhere but I didn’t feel, as though where I was, was a position that was going to get me where I wanted to be. As I have stated I want to help and serve people. I feel as though that could be a position in a non-profit or government agency. I also feel as though I can serve people through politics. The one thing I knew was that I was not going to achieve my dream by staying in the amusement industry.

I felt that at both positions I held with Greg and WNW that I was not getting paid enough, I won’t go into details. I also knew that there was a limited amount of room for advancement. I had peaked at my positions and knew it would be a long time before I moved up or I would need change. When the time came for renewal I informed Greg that I was no longer going to work with for him. As I stated earlier he was a long time family friend and he understood where I was coming from. So with his blessing I left and moved on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment