So as I had stated in the earlier posts I worked at Wet 'n' Wild Phoenix while woking for the "competitor" with Greg. Greg and I were in a unique place as we both worked for two organizations within the same industry. I only worked for Greg part time so I needed to return to Wet n Wild for the 2012 season for additional income.
It was rather difficult working for two competitors at the same time. Each had a preconcieved notion of the other, as wrong as each side may have been, I could not comment. I had to find a balance when it came to working with Greg and find a balance when working at Wet n Wild. Each side asking for more time than I had initially promised. I had to sit with both employers and remind them that I was hired as "part-time" and could not offer more than what I had committed. It did help that Greg was also consulting for WNW so there was not too much tension.
What I did have to be careful about was the information I held about both and not going off sharing information with the opposite party. Topics would arise and I had to play dumb and say I did not know what was going on. I personally think that playing dumb was the best way to handle the situation. If I told them I knew and did not share it could have been held against me! So if I do not know then I can not be held accountable for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment