Monday, December 17, 2012

A week in Texas Part I


Over the course of the year Greg and I discussed spending my summer at the Dallas waterparks. This would allow me see the parks operations first hand. Time went by and no solid plans were made. So by the time we wanted to set something up it was too late! So we settled on me going out there for a week.

I arrived in Dallas with Greg and we made our way to our hotel. I was to spend the first few days with Greg and then move on to spending time at the parks. While with Greg we met with the Texas State Fair and explored the idea of installing an adventure park at their fair! We wanted to place one in Texas because the Texas fair set the standards for the other state fairs. If Texas bought an adventure park then so would everyone else!

We also met with the people at PrimePlay Inc. The direct competitors to White Water West. We tried working on an water ropes course with them too but pricing was too high. The director of the state fair was generous enough to give us a tour of the facilities, which was awesome! They also gave us the inside scoop on their up and coming attraction. The fair is in the process of building the worlds tallest observatory tower, i.e. space needle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment